- Full Text
No date  P.O. Bill Butts, of Centralia, spend the week-end with her [his] parents.
February 29, 1944  Mr. Bill Butts of the R.C.A.F. stationed at Hagersville spent the week end in Kinmount with his mother.
April 27, 1944 (Kinmount News)  LAC. Bill Butts of the R.C.A.F. visited with his parents Mr. and Mrs. H. Butts of the village.
May 10, 1944 Kinmount Boy Receives
Kinmount, May 9 (PNS) – Word has been received here that Mr. W. Butts, well known local boy, has received his wings.
Mr. Butts spent most of his life in Kinmount before enlisting in the R.C.A.F.
The presentation took place at Hagersville, with his parents and other relatives present, and all his friends in this district offer congratulations and best wishes.
January 1945  P.O. Bill Butts of Trenton is spending a furlough at his home here.
- Media Type
- Genealogical Resource
- Item Types
- This card is part of a larger collection of World War II personnel clippings. The project began in 1944 at the Lindsay Library. The intent was to gather together as much information as possible on the military record and the service of people from the Town of Lindsay and the County of Victoria (now Kawartha Lakes) who served in the war. To that end, during the years 1944, 1945, and 1946, members of the public donated photographs and updated information about their loved ones. Both library staff and the public saved and donated newspaper clippings. Some of the files contain great amounts of detail, while others have just a name.
- Personal Name(s)
- William Butts ; Bill Butts
- World War II Service Files
- Language of Item
- Geographic Coverage
Latitude: 44.78342 Longitude: -78.64957
- Copyright Statement
- Copyright status unknown. Responsibility for determining the copyright status and any use rests exclusively with the user.
- Kawartha Lakes Public LibraryEmail
Agency street/mail address190 Kent St W.
Lindsay, ON K9V 2Y6