Pages 17-18: Cameron, Jessie L.
- Media Type
- Genealogical Resource
- Item Types
- W 21368
Pte. Jessie L. Cameron enlisted March 30, 1943. On completion of basic training at Kitchener, Ontario, she was given a course as driver of army vehicles. At the conclusion of this course, she was posted to Officers’ Training Center as a Staff Driver at Brockville, Ont. In June 1944, she married at Lindsay, Ontario Cpl. J. W. Dereno (B 75637), Toronto Scottish Reserve. Later both Cpl. Dereno and Pte. Jessie Dereno received their honourable discharge and have been living at Brockville, Ont. Pte. J. L. Dereno is a daughter of W. A. and Mrs. Cameron, Norland, Ontario.
- This card is part of a larger collection of World War II personnel clippings. The project began in 1944 at the Lindsay Library. The intent was to gather together as much information as possible on the military record and the service of people from the Town of Lindsay and the County of Victoria (now Kawartha Lakes) who served in the war. To that end, during the years 1944, 1945, and 1946, members of the public donated photographs and updated information about their loved ones. Both library staff and the public saved and donated newspaper clippings. Some of the files contain great amounts of detail, while others have just a name.
- Date of Publication
- Jun 1944
- Personal Name(s)
- Jessie Cameron ; Jessie Dereno ; J.W. Dereno ; W.A. Cameron
- World War II Service Files
- Geographic Coverage
Latitude: 44.71682 Longitude: -78.81628
- Copyright Statement
- Copyright status unknown. Responsibility for determining the copyright status and any use rests exclusively with the user.
- Kawartha Lakes Public LibraryEmail
Agency street/mail address190 Kent St W.
Lindsay, ON K9V 2Y6