Page 25: Campbell, Alex G.
- Media Type
- Genealogical Resource
- Item Types
- F.O. Alex G. Campbell enlisted in the R.C.A.F. on August 28, 1940, training at Toronto, Windsor, London, and Quebec City. He was posted at Trenton, Summerside, Centralia, and Halifax while in Canada and proceeded overseas in March 1944. He had further training at Bishop’s Court, Wellesbourne and Dishforth and was then in the Bomber Command based in Yorkshire. He received the 1939-1945 Star, C.V.S.M. and Maple Leaf Operational Wing, Navigator’s Flying Badge. He arrived home on June 10, 1945 and was discharged September 10, 1945.
- This card is part of a larger collection of World War II personnel clippings. The project began in 1944 at the Lindsay Library. The intent was to gather together as much information as possible on the military record and the service of people from the Town of Lindsay and the County of Victoria (now Kawartha Lakes) who served in the war. To that end, during the years 1944, 1945, and 1946, members of the public donated photographs and updated information about their loved ones. Both library staff and the public saved and donated newspaper clippings. Some of the files contain great amounts of detail, while others have just a name.
- Date of Publication
- 28 Aug 1940
- Personal Name(s)
- Alex G. Campbell ; Alex Campbell
- World War II Service Files
- Language of Item
- Geographic Coverage
Latitude: 44.3573619133098 Longitude: -78.7387823175049
- Copyright Statement
- Copyright status unknown. Responsibility for determining the copyright status and any use rests exclusively with the user.
- Kawartha Lakes Public LibraryEmail
Agency street/mail address190 Kent St W.
Lindsay, ON K9V 2Y6