Pages 31-32: Campbell, Donald G.
- Full Text
August 9, 1943 Another Local Teacher joins the R.C.A.F.
Lindsay’s School Board is losing another fine teacher in the person of Mr. Don Campbell who for the past year has taught in Alexander School.
Mr. Campbell has enlisted with the R.C.A.F. and will report for duty next week.
His successor will be Mr. Finney of Norval near Brampton.
Mr. Campbell’s brother, Alex, enlisted in the R.C.A.F. in 1940 and is now a Corporal stationed at London, Ontario.
September 21, 1943  Mr. D. Campbell of the R.C.A.F. in Toronto, spent the first weekend leave since his enlistment at his home, Sussex St. S.
February 8, 1944  Don Campbell of the R.C.A.F. at Hamilton spent the weekend with his wife and baby daughter Jean, Sussex St. S.
- Media Type
- Genealogical Resource
- Item Types
- This card is part of a larger collection of World War II personnel clippings. The project began in 1944 at the Lindsay Library. The intent was to gather together as much information as possible on the military record and the service of people from the Town of Lindsay and the County of Victoria (now Kawartha Lakes) who served in the war. To that end, during the years 1944, 1945, and 1946, members of the public donated photographs and updated information about their loved ones. Both library staff and the public saved and donated newspaper clippings. Some of the files contain great amounts of detail, while others have just a name.
- Date of Original
- Personal Name(s)
- Donald Campbell ; Don Campbell ; Alex Campbell ; Jean Campbell
- World War II Service Files
- Language of Item
- Geographic Coverage
Latitude: 44.3521711262599 Longitude: -78.7416736512192
- Copyright Statement
- Copyright status unknown. Responsibility for determining the copyright status and any use rests exclusively with the user.
- Kawartha Lakes Public LibraryEmail
Agency street/mail address190 Kent St W.
Lindsay, ON K9V 2Y6