Pages 47-48: Carnochan, Arthur Emerson
- Full Text
January 29, 1944 Haliburton News Pte. A. Carnochan of Camp Borden was a visitor at his home here recently, also Cpl. Walter Kellett of Niagara Camp.
March 7, 1944 Haliburton News Pte. A.E. Carnochan of Camp Borden spent the weekend at the home of his parents. While at the hockey match he was the victim of an unfortunate accident. He cut his hand badly with a piece of broken glass in the men’s dressing room. He received treatment and dressing of the wound at the Red Cross Hospital. He is with the Tank Corps and has been in the service several months.
May 3, 1944 (Haliburton News) Pte. Arthur Carnochan has returned to Camp Borden after a three days leave at his home here.
June 14, 1944 (Haliburton News) Pte. A. E. Carnochan of Camp Borden, spent a weekend leave at his home here.
August 3, 1944 Pte. A.E. Carnochan of Camp Borden was a weekend visitor at his home here.
- Media Type:
- Genealogical Resource
- Item Types:
- Arthur Emerson Carnochan of Haliburton, Ontario, paid the supreme sacrifice in World War II – from the Honour Roll for Victoria and Haliburton Counties.
He died March 12, 1945.
- This card is part of a larger collection of World War II personnel clippings. The project began in 1944 at the Lindsay Library. The intent was to gather together as much information as possible on the military record and the service of people from the Town of Lindsay and the County of Victoria (now Kawartha Lakes) who served in the war. To that end, during the years 1944, 1945, and 1946, members of the public donated photographs and updated information about their loved ones. Both library staff and the public saved and donated newspaper clippings. Some of the files contain great amounts of detail, while others have just a name.
- Date of Original:
- Personal Name(s):
- Arthur Emerson Carnochan ; Arthur Carnochan
- World War II Service Files
- Language of Item:
- Geographic Coverage:
- Copyright Statement:
- Copyright status unknown. Responsibility for determining the copyright status and any use rests exclusively with the user.
Kawartha Lakes Public Library
Agency street/mail address
190 Kent St W.
Lindsay, ON K9V 2Y6