Pages 49-50: Carnochan, Robert
- Full Text
No date [March 1945]  Mr. and Mrs. Thomas Carnochan have received a telegram from their son, Robert Carnochan, who is in the Navy, saying that he is recovering from an appendix operation at Glace Bay, N.S. The message cane the same day as word reached the parents that their son, Gnr. A. E. Carnochan was killed in action.
April 6, 1945 (Haliburton)  Pte. Robert Carnochan, son of Mr. and Mrs. T. A. Carnochan, arrived home from Gaspe Bay Tuesday evening. He has recently undergone an operation for appendicitis. He was accompanied by his wife. His younger brother, Tpr. A. E. Carnochan, was killed in action in March.
- Media Type
- Genealogical Resource
- Item Types
- This card is part of a larger collection of World War II personnel clippings. The project began in 1944 at the Lindsay Library. The intent was to gather together as much information as possible on the military record and the service of people from the Town of Lindsay and the County of Victoria (now Kawartha Lakes) who served in the war. To that end, during the years 1944, 1945, and 1946, members of the public donated photographs and updated information about their loved ones. Both library staff and the public saved and donated newspaper clippings. Some of the files contain great amounts of detail, while others have just a name.
- Date of Publication
- Mar 1945
- Personal Name(s)
- Arthur Emerson Carnochan ; Arthur Carnochan ; Thomas Carnochan ; Robert Carnochan
- World War II Service Files
- Language of Item
- Geographic Coverage
Latitude: 45.16682 Longitude: -78.49955
- Copyright Statement
- Copyright status unknown. Responsibility for determining the copyright status and any use rests exclusively with the user.
- Kawartha Lakes Public LibraryEmail
Agency street/mail address190 Kent St W.
Lindsay, ON K9V 2Y6