Pages 51-52: Carpenter, Bernard Rowland
- Media Type:
- Genealogical Resource
- Item Types:
- Bernard R. Carpenter, whose home is in Little Britain, Ontario, enlisted in the Canadian Army on August 6, 1940.
He entered the ranks of the Midland Regiment and trained at Lindsay, Ottawa, St. John, N.B., Niagara-on-the-Lake, Ont. and Edmonton, Alta.
Pte. Carpenter transferred while in the service twice. He left the Midlands to join the Glengarrians, then the Hastings and Prince Edwards, and finally the Canadian Postal Corps. Pte. Carpenter was sent overseas on May 2, 1942. He saw action with the army in Italy and was wounded in the service at that time. Pte. Carpenter arrived home on September 19, 1945 and was given his discharge from the service on October 26, 1945.
Previous to the war Pte Carpenter was engaged in farming in the Little Britain area.
- This card is part of a larger collection of World War II personnel clippings. The project began in 1944 at the Lindsay Library. The intent was to gather together as much information as possible on the military record and the service of people from the Town of Lindsay and the County of Victoria (now Kawartha Lakes) who served in the war. To that end, during the years 1944, 1945, and 1946, members of the public donated photographs and updated information about their loved ones. Both library staff and the public saved and donated newspaper clippings. Some of the files contain great amounts of detail, while others have just a name.
- Date of Publication:
- 6 Aug 1940
- Personal Name(s):
- Bernard Rowland Carpenter ; Bernard Carpenter
- World War II Service Files
- Language of Item:
- Geographic Coverage:
- Copyright Statement:
- Copyright status unknown. Responsibility for determining the copyright status and any use rests exclusively with the user.
Kawartha Lakes Public Library
Agency street/mail address
190 Kent St W.
Lindsay, ON K9V 2Y6