Pages 59-60: Casement, A. F.
- Full Text
February 24, 1944 District Men Arrive Home
With the arrival of a Canadian hospital ship at an eastern Canadian post comes word of several district boys arriving back in Canada after service overseas.
Those included among the latest arrivals are: Pte. A. F. Casement, Lindsay; Pte. B. Mahaffy, Nestleton; Pte. G. R. Gaebel, Bancroft; Sigmn. R. H. Tanner, Bancroft, and Pte. R. J. Vallier, Haliburton.
February 28, 1945 WELCOME HOME PARTY
Friends of Pte. A. F. Casement who has recently returned from overseas are invited to a party and dance in the Town Hall, Wednesday Feb. 28, 1945. Please bring sandwiches or cake.
- Media Type
- Genealogical Resource
- Item Types
- This card is part of a larger collection of World War II personnel clippings. The project began in 1944 at the Lindsay Library. The intent was to gather together as much information as possible on the military record and the service of people from the Town of Lindsay and the County of Victoria (now Kawartha Lakes) who served in the war. To that end, during the years 1944, 1945, and 1946, members of the public donated photographs and updated information about their loved ones. Both library staff and the public saved and donated newspaper clippings. Some of the files contain great amounts of detail, while others have just a name.
- Lindsay Post
- Date of Original
- Personal Name(s)
- A.F. Casement ; R.J. Vallier
- World War II Service Files
- Language of Item
- Geographic Coverage
Latitude: 44.35012 Longitude: -78.73286
- Copyright Statement
- Copyright status unknown. Responsibility for determining the copyright status and any use rests exclusively with the user.
- Kawartha Lakes Public LibraryEmail
Agency street/mail address190 Kent St W.
Lindsay, ON K9V 2Y6