Pages 61-62: Casey, Alvin
- Full Text
May 15, 1943  Sgt. Alvin Casey of B.C. is visiting his parents Mr. and Mrs. Allan Casey of Bethel Emily.
November 2, 1944 MISSING NOW SAFE  L-Cpl. V. Aldred of Camp Borden and Mrs. Aldred of Peterborough, also P.O. Alvin M. Casey, who had once been reported missing for sometime, were present at the anniversary services at Bethel United Church, on Sunday.
Alvin’s many friends were pleased to have him with them and back home in safety. Miss M. Glenny, of Oshawa, visited friends on Sunday.
- Media Type
- Genealogical Resource
- Item Types
- This card is part of a larger collection of World War II personnel clippings. The project began in 1944 at the Lindsay Library. The intent was to gather together as much information as possible on the military record and the service of people from the Town of Lindsay and the County of Victoria (now Kawartha Lakes) who served in the war. To that end, during the years 1944, 1945, and 1946, members of the public donated photographs and updated information about their loved ones. Both library staff and the public saved and donated newspaper clippings. Some of the files contain great amounts of detail, while others have just a name.
- Lindsay Post
- Date of Original
- Personal Name(s)
- Alvin M. Casey ; V. Aldred
- World War II Service Files
- Language of Item
- Geographic Coverage
Latitude: 44.33182 Longitude: -78.48144
- Copyright Statement
- Copyright status unknown. Responsibility for determining the copyright status and any use rests exclusively with the user.
- Kawartha Lakes Public LibraryEmail
Agency street/mail address190 Kent St W.
Lindsay, ON K9V 2Y6