Pages 65-66: Cathcart, Thomas Joseph
- Full Text
September 23, 1944 T. Cathcart Sunalta Park 4th Engineer
Mr. Thomas Joseph Cathcart, son of Rev. and Mrs. Cathcart, Bobcaygeon, has finished his engineering course in Ireland and has signed as fourth engineer on the ten thousand ton Sunalta Park.
Mr. Cathcart spent part of August and September with his parents and sisters, and left on September 7, to take up his duties.
His father, Rev. Mr. Cathcart, is very proud of a model steam engine he designed and brought home with him.
October 4, 1944 BOBCAYGEON  Mr. Thomas J. Cathcart, who has completed his engineering course he was taking in Ireland arrived home in time to be with his parents Rev. and Mrs. J. Carthcart during their holidays in August. He left September 7th to take up his duties as Fourth Engineer on the ten thousand ton Sanalta Park and when last hear from was about to sail the high seas. Thomas who is only 22 years old is to be congratulated on his success. When he came home he had with him a model steam engine of his own design and very unique in every detail as a gift to his father.
- Media Type
- Genealogical Resource
- Item Type
- This card is part of a larger collection of World War II personnel clippings. The project began in 1944 at the Lindsay Library. The intent was to gather together as much information as possible on the military record and the service of people from the Town of Lindsay and the County of Victoria (now Kawartha Lakes) who served in the war. To that end, during the years 1944, 1945, and 1946, members of the public donated photographs and updated information about their loved ones. Both library staff and the public saved and donated newspaper clippings. Some of the files contain great amounts of detail, while others have just a name.
- Date of Publication
- Personal Name(s)
- Thomas Cathcart ; J. Cathcart
- World War II Service Files
- Language of Item
- Geographic Coverage
Latitude: 44.55012 Longitude: -78.54955
- Copyright Statement
- Copyright status unknown. Responsibility for determining the copyright status and any use rests exclusively with the user.
- Kawartha Lakes Public LibraryEmail
Agency street/mail address190 Kent St W.
Lindsay, ON K9V 2Y6