Pages 83-84: Clarke, Alex
- Full Text
October 2, 1943Pte. Alex Clarke, son of Mr. and Mrs. Walter Clarke, has arrived safely overseas.
August 16, 1944 SON IS WOUNDEDMr. and Mrs. Walter Clarke, of Pleasant Point, have received word that their son Alex has been wounded in action in France. He enlisted in March 1943 and went overseas in September of the same year.
- Media Type
- Genealogical Resource
- Item Types
- This card is part of a larger collection of World War II personnel clippings. The project began in 1944 at the Lindsay Library. The intent was to gather together as much information as possible on the military record and the service of people from the Town of Lindsay and the County of Victoria (now Kawartha Lakes) who served in the war. To that end, during the years 1944, 1945, and 1946, members of the public donated photographs and updated information about their loved ones. Both library staff and the public saved and donated newspaper clippings. Some of the files contain great amounts of detail, while others have just a name.
- Date of Publication
- 16 Aug 1944
- Personal Name(s)
- Alex Clarke ; Walter Clarke
- World War II Service Files
- Language of Item
- Geographic Coverage
Latitude: 44.45012 Longitude: -78.71627
- Copyright Statement
- Copyright status unknown. Responsibility for determining the copyright status and any use rests exclusively with the user.
- Kawartha Lakes Public LibraryEmail
Agency street/mail address190 Kent St W.
Lindsay, ON K9V 2Y6