Pages 93-94: Clarke, John E.
- Full Text
May 4, 1943 & nbsp Sgt. Jack Clarke left this morning for Petawawa after spending his furlough at his home in town.
August 11, 1943 Sgt. Jack Clarke has returned to Debert N.S. after spending a few days leave with friends in Town.
August 28, 1945 Lindsay Boy is Married in Holland
What is believed to be the first marriage of a Lindsay serviceman to a Dutch girl is being solemnized in Nijmegen, Holland, on August 29th.
Mr. W. E. Clarke, father of the groom, Sgt. John E. Clarke, is in possession of a handsomely engraved wedding announcement card, printed entirely in the Dutch language which he received in a recent overseas mail.
The bride is Henrica C. V.D. Berg, daughter of Mr. and Mrs. D. V.D. Berg, of Nijmegen and the wedding will take place in St. Josephkerk, Keizer Kariplien [Karelplein], Nijmegen.
- Media Type:
- Genealogical Resource
- Item Types:
- Wedding Announcements
- Sgt. J. E. Clarke returned to Canada aboard the Mauretania docking at Halifax around January 2, 1946.
- This card is part of a larger collection of World War II personnel clippings. The project began in 1944 at the Lindsay Library. The intent was to gather together as much information as possible on the military record and the service of people from the Town of Lindsay and the County of Victoria (now Kawartha Lakes) who served in the war. To that end, during the years 1944, 1945, and 1946, members of the public donated photographs and updated information about their loved ones. Both library staff and the public saved and donated newspaper clippings. Some of the files contain great amounts of detail, while others have just a name.
- Date of Publication:
- 28 Aug 1945
- Personal Name(s):
- John Clarke ; Jack Clarke ; W. E. Clarke ; Henrica Berg ; D.V.D. Berg ; DeeDee van den Berg ; D. van den Berg
- World War II Service Files
- Language of Item:
- Geographic Coverage:
- Copyright Statement:
- Copyright status unknown. Responsibility for determining the copyright status and any use rests exclusively with the user.
Kawartha Lakes Public Library
Agency street/mail address
190 Kent St W.
Lindsay, ON K9V 2Y6