Pages 135-138: Cook, Leo
- Full Text
June 7, 1944 Leo Cook is Now Presumed Dead
The Post in speaking to Mrs. Cook of town learned that no later official word other than Leo. Cook who has been missing since Sept 28th 1943 is now presumed dead.
Mrs. Cook had word from Ottawa yesterday asking her if she had had any later word concerning him.
August 30, 1944 Flt. Sgt. Cook is Officially Presumed Dead
Mrs. Wm. Cook, 7 Georgina St., received official word today that her son, Flight Sergt. Leo Cook, who has been missing for several months, is now for official purposes presumed to be dead.
Flight Sergt. Leo Cook, who was a hockey player of outstanding ability, enlisted early in the war. He was a member of Lindsay and Fenelon Falls hockey teams, as well as being a softball player of championship caliber.
Previous to enlisting Leo Cook was employed at Horn Bros. Woolen Co., in Lindsay. A brother Thomas Cook is at present in the service overseas.
Flight Sergt. Cook played on several O.H.A. Junior and Intermediate hockey teams and was also a member of Bellamy’s and Stephenson’s softball teams, playing in the Ontario Softball Association play downs.
- Media Type
- Genealogical Resource
- Item Types
- This card is part of a larger collection of World War II personnel clippings. The project began in 1944 at the Lindsay Library. The intent was to gather together as much information as possible on the military record and the service of people from the Town of Lindsay and the County of Victoria (now Kawartha Lakes) who served in the war. To that end, during the years 1944, 1945, and 1946, members of the public donated photographs and updated information about their loved ones. Both library staff and the public saved and donated newspaper clippings. Some of the files contain great amounts of detail, while others have just a name.
- Watchful Warder
- Date of Publication
- 30 Aug 1944
- Personal Name(s)
- Leo Cook ; William Cook ; Thomas Cook
- Corporate Name(s)
- Horn Bros. Woolen Co.
- World War II Service Files
- Language of Item
- Copyright Statement
- Copyright status unknown. Responsibility for determining the copyright status and any use rests exclusively with the user.
- Kawartha Lakes Public LibraryEmail
Agency street/mail address190 Kent St W.
Lindsay, ON K9V 2Y6