Page 140: Cooper, Lorne
- Full Text
November 20, 1944 Two Being Invalided To Canada
Halibruton, Nov. 20 - Two West Guilford youths, Bdr. Lorne Cooper and Pte Val Griffin who have been wounded in recent battles are expected home on the next hospital ship. Bdr. Cooper was with the 8th field army in Italy and Pte. Val Griffin was with the Canadians in France.
December 19, 1945 Lorne Cooper Heads Legion at Haliburton
Haliburton, Dec. 17 (PNS) – The December meeting of the Haliburton Branch of the Canadian Legion was held in the Legion Hall, at which a new slate of officers was installed for the coming year and as they are mostly new veterans it is felt this will mean much to the success of the branch of the Legion.
Mr. Lorne Cooper, of West Guilford, who has recently returned from overseas was elected President and he and his newly-formed committee say they have great plans for the future.
The officers elected are: Past President, Mr. J. Vickery; President, Mr. Lorne Cooper; 1st Vice-President, Lloyd Coneybeare, 2nd Vice, Lloyd Whittaker; Sgt.-at-Arms, Robert Bannon, Treasurer, William Crofts; Sec’y, George Brennan; Executive, R. R. Tyler and Moss Davies; Membership Committee, Stanley Cooper, Ronald Tyler and Murray Agnew.
- Media Type
- Genealogical Resource
- Item Types
- This card is part of a larger collection of World War II personnel clippings. The project began in 1944 at the Lindsay Library. The intent was to gather together as much information as possible on the military record and the service of people from the Town of Lindsay and the County of Victoria (now Kawartha Lakes) who served in the war. To that end, during the years 1944, 1945, and 1946, members of the public donated photographs and updated information about their loved ones. Both library staff and the public saved and donated newspaper clippings. Some of the files contain great amounts of detail, while others have just a name.
- Lindsay Post
- Date of Original
- Personal Name(s)
- Lorne Cooper ; J. Vickery ; Lloyd Coneybeare ; Lloyd Whittaker ; Robert Bannon ; William Crofts ; George Brennan ; R.R. Tyler ; Moss Davies ; Stanley Cooper ; Ronald Tyler ; Murray Agnew ; Val Griffin
- World War II Service Files
- Language of Item
- Geographic Coverage
Latitude: 45.16682 Longitude: -78.49955
- Copyright Statement
- Copyright status unknown. Responsibility for determining the copyright status and any use rests exclusively with the user.
- Kawartha Lakes Public LibraryEmail
Agency street/mail address190 Kent St W.
Lindsay, ON K9V 2Y6