Pages 173-174: Cowan, Eldon
- Full Text
August 10, 1944 (Haliburton News)Eldon Cowan, son of Mr. and Mrs. James Cowan Donald, is home on a lengthy furlough. Eldon enlisted in the fall of 1940 and has been stationed at Brandon Man., and later on the West Coast. His many friends are glad to see him home for his leave.
- Media Type
- Genealogical Resource
- Item Types
- Elmer Covert, Highland Grove Ontario, paid the supreme sacrifice in World War II.
From the Honour Roll for Victoria and Haliburton Counties.
- This card is part of a larger collection of World War II personnel clippings. The project began in 1944 at the Lindsay Library. The intent was to gather together as much information as possible on the military record and the service of people from the Town of Lindsay and the County of Victoria (now Kawartha Lakes) who served in the war. To that end, during the years 1944, 1945, and 1946, members of the public donated photographs and updated information about their loved ones. Both library staff and the public saved and donated newspaper clippings. Some of the files contain great amounts of detail, while others have just a name.
- Date of Publication
- 10 Aug 1944
- Personal Name(s)
- Eldon Cowan ; James Cowan
- World War II Service Files
- Language of Item
- Geographic Coverage
Latitude: 45.16682 Longitude: -78.49955
- Copyright Statement
- Copyright status unknown. Responsibility for determining the copyright status and any use rests exclusively with the user.
- Kawartha Lakes Public LibraryEmail
Agency street/mail address190 Kent St W.
Lindsay, ON K9V 2Y6