Pages 181-182: Cox, John Albert
- Full Text
July 14, 1944 Pte. J. Cox Minden Boy is Wounded
Mr. John Cox, well known Minden resident, has received official word that his son, Pte, John Albert Cox who is attached to the Quebec Regiment, has been wounded while on active service.
His name is listed on the 498th official Canadian (active) army casualty list.
The nature of his wounds are not stated but will probably be revealed at a later date.
No date [July 14, 1944]John Cox of Minden has been notified that his son John Albert Cox of the Quebec Regiment has been wounded while on active service.
- Media Type
- Genealogical Resource
- Item Types
- This card is part of a larger collection of World War II personnel clippings. The project began in 1944 at the Lindsay Library. The intent was to gather together as much information as possible on the military record and the service of people from the Town of Lindsay and the County of Victoria (now Kawartha Lakes) who served in the war. To that end, during the years 1944, 1945, and 1946, members of the public donated photographs and updated information about their loved ones. Both library staff and the public saved and donated newspaper clippings. Some of the files contain great amounts of detail, while others have just a name.
- Date of Publication
- 14 Jul 1944
- Personal Name(s)
- John Cox ; John Albert Cox
- World War II Service Files
- Language of Item
- Geographic Coverage
Latitude: 45.00012 Longitude: -78.66627
- Copyright Statement
- Copyright status unknown. Responsibility for determining the copyright status and any use rests exclusively with the user.
- Kawartha Lakes Public LibraryEmail
Agency street/mail address190 Kent St W.
Lindsay, ON K9V 2Y6