Pages 221-222: Cumminngs, W. J.
- Full Text
No date  Kiwanis Name Director For Youth Centre
The committee in charge of the Lindsay Youth Recreational Centre announce today that they have procured the services of Mr. W. J. Cummings, of Toronto, as director of the Centre.
Mr. Cummings, who is to commence his duties Monday next, has recently been discharged from the R.C.A.F. He is 32 years old and had several years experiences as an organizer and director of athletics with the Broadview Y.M.C.A., Toronto prior to joining the Air Force in 1941.
The Committee, composed of Col. R. I. Moore, Messrs G. Stephenson, L. V. Shier, A. Gillespie and K. V. Sylvester, state that Mr. Cummings will be ready and willing to assist any organizations wishing to help the youth of the community.
- Media Type
- Genealogical Resource
- Item Types
- This card is part of a larger collection of World War II personnel clippings. The project began in 1944 at the Lindsay Library. The intent was to gather together as much information as possible on the military record and the service of people from the Town of Lindsay and the County of Victoria (now Kawartha Lakes) who served in the war. To that end, during the years 1944, 1945, and 1946, members of the public donated photographs and updated information about their loved ones. Both library staff and the public saved and donated newspaper clippings. Some of the files contain great amounts of detail, while others have just a name.
- Date of Publication
- Personal Name(s)
- W. J. Cummings ; R. I. Moore ; G. Stephenson ; L. V. Shier ; A. Gillespie ; K. V. Sylvester
- World War II Service Files
- Language of Item
- Geographic Coverage
Latitude: 44.35012 Longitude: -78.73286
- Copyright Statement
- Copyright status unknown. Responsibility for determining the copyright status and any use rests exclusively with the user.
- Kawartha Lakes Public LibraryEmail
Agency street/mail address190 Kent St W.
Lindsay, ON K9V 2Y6