Page 43: Day, Frank
- Full Text
August 11, 1943T.C.L. Frank Day, R.C.N.V.R. has returned to Halifax after completing a four weeks course at Ottawa.
August 28, 1943T.E.L. Frank Day, R.C.N.V.R. Halifax is spending a furlough with his parents in town.
No date  LINDSAY BOY IN THE NAVY
Wireless Operator Frank Day, Lindsay, former member of the Post staff, who is shown [above] with his aunt, Miss Ethel Day, as she visited him just prior to his leaving for continued training in a new station.
May 29, 1944 Convoy Work is Not so Dangerous Now
Telegraphist Frank Day Enjoying A Leave In Town
Friends of Frank Day, Telegraphist stationed at Halifax, are pleased to see him around town again. He is enjoying a 28-day leave at his home, William St. S. Frank who has been on convoy work states that the job is not nearly so dangerous as it was a couple of years ago.
I see Fred Stinson and Morley Donaldson occasionallysaid the young sailor.
He is enjoying his work.
- Media Type
- Genealogical Resource
- Item Types
- This card is part of a larger collection of World War II personnel clippings. The project began in 1944 at the Lindsay Library. The intent was to gather together as much information as possible on the military record and the service of people from the Town of Lindsay and the County of Victoria (now Kawartha Lakes) who served in the war. To that end, during the years 1944, 1945, and 1946, members of the public donated photographs and updated information about their loved ones. Both library staff and the public saved and donated newspaper clippings. Some of the files contain great amounts of detail, while others have just a name.
- Date of Publication
- 28 May 1944
- Personal Name(s)
- Frank Day ; Fred Stinson ; Morley Donaldson
- World War II Service Files
- Language of Item
- Geographic Coverage
Latitude: 44.35012 Longitude: -78.73286
- Copyright Statement
- Copyright status unknown. Responsibility for determining the copyright status and any use rests exclusively with the user.
- Kawartha Lakes Public LibraryEmail
Agency street/mail address190 Kent St W.
Lindsay, ON K9V 2Y6