Page 59: Dean, Mary
- Full Text
June 7, 1943  Among who from Lindsay who recently enlisted in the R.C.A.F. (Women’s division) were Mrs. Mary Dean and Miss Jean Abercrombie.
August 25, 1943  AW2 Mary Dean has returned to Rockcliffe, Ottawa, after spending the weekend at her home in Lindsay.
September 22, 1943  A.W.2, Dean Mary of Guelph, spent the weekend with her parents Mr. and Mrs. Eggleton, King St. town.
October 27, 1943  Congratulations are extended to AW2 Mary Dean upon her recent graduation from the School of Cookery, Guelph. Her many friends join in wishing her continued success at her new post at St. Hubert’s Quebec.
March 1, 1944  A.W.1 Mary Dean has left St. Hubert’s Que. for her new posting at North Battlefield Sask.
August 15, 1944  Mary Dean, attached to the R.C.A.F. at North Battleford, Sask., is on furlough with her Mother and Father.
- Media Type
- Genealogical Resource
- Item Type
- This card is part of a larger collection of World War II personnel clippings. The project began in 1944 at the Lindsay Library. The intent was to gather together as much information as possible on the military record and the service of people from the Town of Lindsay and the County of Victoria (now Kawartha Lakes) who served in the war. To that end, during the years 1944, 1945, and 1946, members of the public donated photographs and updated information about their loved ones. Both library staff and the public saved and donated newspaper clippings. Some of the files contain great amounts of detail, while others have just a name.
- Date of Publication
- 27 Oct 1943
- Personal Name(s)
- Mary Dean ; Mary Eggleton ; Earl Dean
- World War II Service Files
- Language of Item
- Geographic Coverage
Latitude: 44.35012 Longitude: -78.73286
- Copyright Statement
- Copyright status unknown. Responsibility for determining the copyright status and any use rests exclusively with the user.
- Kawartha Lakes Public LibraryEmail
Agency street/mail address190 Kent St W.
Lindsay, ON K9V 2Y6