Page 61: Dean, Russell
- Full Text
August 21, 1943  Among the Haliburton boys who have been overseas sometime and who are at present in North Africa are: Russell Dean, son of Mr. and Mrs. Jas. Dean; Ross Davidson, son of Mr. David Davidson; Harvey Iles, son of Mrs. A. Iles.
June 21, 1944  Mr. and Mrs. James Dean received a message that their son, Pte. Russell W. Dean, has been wounded in Italy. Pte. Dean was with the Hastings and Prince Edward Coy., 1st Canadian Div. He was born and raised in Haliburton, where his parents and sister, Mrs. Wilson McEllwain, reside. He has a sister, Miss Lorna Dean, doing war work in Ajax. A short time ago, Sgt. Frank Hargreaves met Pte. Dean in Italy and since both have been listed in the causalities.
- Media Type
- Genealogical Resource
- Item Types
- This card is part of a larger collection of World War II personnel clippings. The project began in 1944 at the Lindsay Library. The intent was to gather together as much information as possible on the military record and the service of people from the Town of Lindsay and the County of Victoria (now Kawartha Lakes) who served in the war. To that end, during the years 1944, 1945, and 1946, members of the public donated photographs and updated information about their loved ones. Both library staff and the public saved and donated newspaper clippings. Some of the files contain great amounts of detail, while others have just a name.
- Date of Publication
- 23 Jun 1944
- Personal Name(s)
- Russell Dean ; James Dean ; Wilson McEllwain ; Lorna Dean ; Frank Hargreaves
- World War II Service Files
- Language of Item
- Geographic Coverage
Latitude: 45.16682 Longitude: -78.49955
- Copyright Statement
- Copyright status unknown. Responsibility for determining the copyright status and any use rests exclusively with the user.
- Kawartha Lakes Public LibraryEmail
Agency street/mail address190 Kent St W.
Lindsay, ON K9V 2Y6