- Full Text
December 6, 1944 Lindsay Soldiers, Wounded, Home
ENLISTING THE same day in the same regiment in 1940, Ptes. Gordon Frocking of Lindsay and Fred Delaire of Peterboro came home together after being wounded at Caen. Pte. Delaire has a ship model which he made during his convalescence. Frocking was wounded in the neck and arm and Delaire hit in the chest. Both of these soldiers married Lindsay girls and both are residing in Lindsay.
- Media Type
- Genealogical Resource
- Item Types
- This card is part of a larger collection of World War II personnel clippings. The project began in 1944 at the Lindsay Library. The intent was to gather together as much information as possible on the military record and the service of people from the Town of Lindsay and the County of Victoria (now Kawartha Lakes) who served in the war. To that end, during the years 1944, 1945, and 1946, members of the public donated photographs and updated information about their loved ones. Both library staff and the public saved and donated newspaper clippings. Some of the files contain great amounts of detail, while others have just a name.
- Watchful Warder
- Date of Publication
- 6 Dec 1944
- Personal Name(s)
- Frederick Delaire ; Gordon Frocking
- World War II Service Files
- Language of Item
- Geographic Coverage
Latitude: 44.3644878801356 Longitude: -78.7334715436554
- Copyright Statement
- Copyright status unknown. Responsibility for determining the copyright status and any use rests exclusively with the user.
- Kawartha Lakes Public LibraryEmail
Agency street/mail address190 Kent St W.
Lindsay, ON K9V 2Y6