- Full Text
January 17, 1944
Mrs. Campbell Devitt has received word that her son Alex somewhere in Sicily district had been wounded on Christmas Day.
February 15, 1944
Mrs. Campbell Devitt received word last Tuesday that her son, Alex, had been killed in action January 13th. On Saturday (February 12th) Mrs. Devitt received two airmail letters from Alex dated Jan. 18th and 23rd respectively. An investigation is started and all hope the sad report is all a mistake.
Cpl. Rod. Robinson visited his parents, Capt. And Mrs. Wm. Robinson, during the weekend.
- Media Type
- Genealogical Resource
- Item Types
- This card is part of a larger collection of World War II personnel clippings. The project began in 1944 at the Lindsay Library. The intent was to gather together as much information as possible on the military record and the service of people from the Town of Lindsay and the County of Victoria (now Kawartha Lakes) who served in the war. To that end, during the years 1944, 1945, and 1946, members of the public donated photographs and updated information about their loved ones. Both library staff and the public saved and donated newspaper clippings. Some of the files contain great amounts of detail, while others have just a name.
- Date of Publication
- 15 Feb 1944
- Date Of Event
- 30 Jan 1944
- Personal Name(s)
- Campbell Devitt ; Alex Devitt ; James Frederick Devitt ; Fred Devitt
- World War II Service Files
- Language of Item
- Geographic Coverage
Latitude: 44.55012 Longitude: -78.54955
- Copyright Statement
- Copyright status unknown. Responsibility for determining the copyright status and any use rests exclusively with the user.
- Kawartha Lakes Public LibraryEmail
Agency street/mail address190 Kent St W.
Lindsay, ON K9V 2Y6