- Full Text
December 22, 1944 PO Fred Devitt Presumed Dead
Was Reported Missing December 22, 1944
Missing after aerial operations on December 22nd of 1944, Pilot Officer Fred Devitt, aged 23, of the RCAF is now presumed dead according to word received by his mother, Mrs. Campbell Devitt of Bobcaygeon.
PO Devitt served with a Pathfinder squadron and was completing his second tour of operations when reported missing.
Surviving him besides his mother are five sisters, Mrs. E. Petrie, Mrs. Dixon Green, Miss Isabel Devitt, Mrs. Wilfred Bardean, Mrs. Ross Pollard, and two brothers, Ronald Stanley Devitt, with the RCA in Holland. Alex was killed in Italy while serving with the Hastings and Prince Edward Regiment.
January 31, 1945 R.C.A.F.
Missing After Operations
DEVITT, James Frederick, Sgt. Mrs. R. C. Devitt (mother), Bobcaygeon.
October 17, 1945
Pilot Officer James Frederick Devitt son of Mrs. R. C. Devitt, Bobcaygeon, is listed as presumed dead in the latest R.C.A.F. casualty list.
- Media Type
- Genealogical Resource
- Item Types
- This card is part of a larger collection of World War II personnel clippings. The project began in 1944 at the Lindsay Library. The intent was to gather together as much information as possible on the military record and the service of people from the Town of Lindsay and the County of Victoria (now Kawartha Lakes) who served in the war. To that end, during the years 1944, 1945, and 1946, members of the public donated photographs and updated information about their loved ones. Both library staff and the public saved and donated newspaper clippings. Some of the files contain great amounts of detail, while others have just a name.
- Date of Publication
- 22 Dec 1944
- Date Of Event
- 22 Dec 1944
- Personal Name(s)
- Fred Devitt ; Campbell Devitt ; Alex Devitt ; E. Petrie ; Dixon Green ; Isabel Devitt ; Wilfred Bardean ; Ross Pollard ; Ronald Stanley Devitt
- World War II Service Files
- Language of Item
- Geographic Coverage
Latitude: 44.55012 Longitude: -78.54955
- Copyright Statement
- Copyright status unknown. Responsibility for determining the copyright status and any use rests exclusively with the user.
- Kawartha Lakes Public LibraryEmail
Agency street/mail address190 Kent St W.
Lindsay, ON K9V 2Y6