- Full Text
June 18, 1943 Lindsay Boys Join the R.C.A.F.
Three more young Lindsay men have enlisted with the R.C.A.F. and left on Wednesday for Toronto.
Arthur Deyell, 18 yr. old son of Mr. and Mrs. J. R. Deyell, Colborne St. W. Joe Wileman, 17 yr. old son of J. H. Wileman and the late Mrs. Wileman, Ridout St. and Kenneth Anderson, 18 yr. old son of Crown Attorney and Mrs. J. E. Anderson, Albert St. N.
The two former boys were transferred to Brandon, Man. the same day that they reported while the latter remained at Manning Depot, Toronto having enlisted last Fall.
These young fellows are all just out of L.C.I. having completed their Senior Matriculation.
Their many friends and relatives will follow their careers with interest.
The congregation of Cambridge St. United Church heard Art Deyell in a rich baritone solo last Sunday morning, -- entitled
The Lord’s Prayerby Melatte.
November 8, 1943
AC1 Arthur Deyell recently of Mountain View is leaving for Rivers Man. after a pleasant furlough the home of his parents Mr. and Mrs. J. W. Deyell, Colborne St.
- Media Type
- Genealogical Resource
- Item Types
- This card is part of a larger collection of World War II personnel clippings. The project began in 1944 at the Lindsay Library. The intent was to gather together as much information as possible on the military record and the service of people from the Town of Lindsay and the County of Victoria (now Kawartha Lakes) who served in the war. To that end, during the years 1944, 1945, and 1946, members of the public donated photographs and updated information about their loved ones. Both library staff and the public saved and donated newspaper clippings. Some of the files contain great amounts of detail, while others have just a name.
- Date of Publication
- 18 Jun 1943
- Personal Name(s)
- Arthur Deyell ; Joe Wileman ; Kenneth Anderson
- World War II Service Files
- Language of Item
- Geographic Coverage
Latitude: 44.35012 Longitude: -78.73286
- Copyright Statement
- Copyright status unknown. Responsibility for determining the copyright status and any use rests exclusively with the user.
- Kawartha Lakes Public LibraryEmail
Agency street/mail address190 Kent St W.
Lindsay, ON K9V 2Y6