Page 93: Dobbs, Eli Carmen
- Media Type
- Genealogical Resource
- Item Type
Pte. Eli Carmen Dobbs whose home is at R.R.2 Cannington, Ontario, enlisted with the Canadian Army on November 30, 1942.
He was stationed for the first two weeks at Exhibition Barracks, Toronto, Ont. and later received his basic training at #20 C.A.B.T.C. Brantford, Ontario. Pte. Dobbs enlisted with the Infantry but transferred to the Hamilton Military Hospital Staff’s Medical Corps, February 28, 1943.
Pte. Dobbs was discharged from the Army as medically unfit October 19, 1943 with the cause nerves and bad feet. He was given a medal for his service with the active army in Canada and reluctantly terminated his military career.
Pte Dobbs is now a resident of Lindsay making his home at the New Royal Hotel.
He is the eldest grandson of Mr. and Mrs. Thos. Dobbs of R.R.2, Cannington.
- This card is part of a larger collection of World War II personnel clippings. The project began in 1944 at the Lindsay Library. The intent was to gather together as much information as possible on the military record and the service of people from the Town of Lindsay and the County of Victoria (now Kawartha Lakes) who served in the war. To that end, during the years 1944, 1945, and 1946, members of the public donated photographs and updated information about their loved ones. Both library staff and the public saved and donated newspaper clippings. Some of the files contain great amounts of detail, while others have just a name.
- Date of Publication
- 30 Nov 1942
- Personal Name(s)
- Eli Carmen Dobbs ; Eli Dobbs ; Thomas Dobbs
- World War II Service Files
- Language of Item
- Geographic Coverage
Latitude: 44.35012 Longitude: -79.03288
- Copyright Statement
- Copyright status unknown. Responsibility for determining the copyright status and any use rests exclusively with the user.
- Kawartha Lakes Public LibraryEmail
Agency street/mail address190 Kent St W.
Lindsay, ON K9V 2Y6