Page 107: Donahue, Carl Joseph
- Full Text
January 6, 1944 Downeyville Airman Missing Overseas
Word reached Lindsay on Tuesday from Ottawa, that FO. Carl Donahue, Downeyville and Ajax, was reported missing after air operations overseas on Jan. 2.
FO. Donahue had been overseas since April, 1941 and in June of this year was awarded the D.F.M. for great gallantry in the performance of his duty.
He is a nephew of Mr. and Mrs. Pat Harrington, Lindsay, St. S.
- Media Type:
- Genealogical Resource
- Item Types:
- FO Carl Joseph Donahue, DFM, paid the supreme sacrifice in World War II.
From the list of the Honour Roll of Victoria and Haliburton Counties.
- This card is part of a larger collection of World War II personnel clippings. The project began in 1944 at the Lindsay Library. The intent was to gather together as much information as possible on the military record and the service of people from the Town of Lindsay and the County of Victoria (now Kawartha Lakes) who served in the war. To that end, during the years 1944, 1945, and 1946, members of the public donated photographs and updated information about their loved ones. Both library staff and the public saved and donated newspaper clippings. Some of the files contain great amounts of detail, while others have just a name.
- Date of Publication:
- 6 Jan 1944
- Personal Name(s):
- Carl Donahue ; Carroll Joseph Donahue ; Pat Harrington
- World War II Service Files
- Geographic Coverage:
- Copyright Statement:
- Copyright status unknown. Responsibility for determining the copyright status and any use rests exclusively with the user.
Kawartha Lakes Public Library
Agency street/mail address
190 Kent St W.
Lindsay, ON K9V 2Y6