- Full Text
March 22, 1945 Lindsay Boys Arrive Home
Three Lindsay boys are among those recently repatriated to Canada after extensive service overseas.
Included in the group were: Spr. Harold Drury, son of Mr. and Mrs. John Drury, William St. N., Pte. Don Ovey and Pte. Rivers.
The only returning man The Post was able to contact was Spr. Harold Drury, and it was learned that he has completed nearly five years overseas and was certainly very happy to be back in his home town.
A brother of Harold’s, Pte. Donald Dryry, is serving on active duty in Eastern Canada.
- Media Type
- Genealogical Resource
- Item Types
- This card is part of a larger collection of World War II personnel clippings. The project began in 1944 at the Lindsay Library. The intent was to gather together as much information as possible on the military record and the service of people from the Town of Lindsay and the County of Victoria (now Kawartha Lakes) who served in the war. To that end, during the years 1944, 1945, and 1946, members of the public donated photographs and updated information about their loved ones. Both library staff and the public saved and donated newspaper clippings. Some of the files contain great amounts of detail, while others have just a name.
- Date of Publication
- 22 Mar 1945
- Personal Name(s)
- Harold Drury ; John Drury ; Don Ovey
- World War II Service Files
- Language of Item
- Geographic Coverage
Latitude: 44.35012 Longitude: -78.73286
- Copyright Statement
- Copyright status unknown. Responsibility for determining the copyright status and any use rests exclusively with the user.
- Kawartha Lakes Public LibraryEmail
Agency street/mail address190 Kent St W.
Lindsay, ON K9V 2Y6