Page 159: Austin, Kenneth
- Full Text
KINMOUNT BOY IS KILLED WHILE SERVING IN FRANCE
Mr. and Mrs. Harry Austin of Kinmount, have received official word to the effect that their son, Private Kenneth Austin, has been killed in action while serving in France, on July 13.
Kenneth, who was 19 years of age, had lived in Kinmount until about 9 years ago at which time he moved to Toronto with his parents.
In April this year he visited with his many friends and relatives here on his embarkation leave. He had been overseas only about three months previous to his death.
Pte. Austin's father was a veteran of World War One.
The sad news cast a gloom over the entire community and the sympathy of everyone is extended to parents, brothers and sisters.
- Media Type
- Genealogical Resource
- Item Types
- This card is part of a larger collection of World War II personnel clippings. The project began in 1944 at the Lindsay Library. The intent was to gather together as much information as possible on the military record and the service of people from the Town of Lindsay and the County of Victoria (now Kawartha Lakes)who served in the war. To that end, during the years 1944, 1945, and 1946, members of the public donated photographs and updated information about their loved ones. Both library staff and the public saved and donated newspaper clippings. Some of the files contain great amounts of detail, while others have just a name.
- Date of Publication
- 13 Jul 1944
- Personal Name(s)
- Harry Austin ; Kenneth Austin ; Kenneth Irving Austin
- World War II Service Files
- Language of Item
- Geographic Coverage
Latitude: 44.78342 Longitude: -78.64957
- Copyright Statement
- Copyright status unknown. Responsibility for determining the copyright status and any use rests exclusively with the user.
- Kawartha Lakes Public LibraryEmail
Agency street/mail address190 Kent St W.
Lindsay, ON K9V 2Y6