*Our parents told us, repeatedly, that our school days would be the happiest days of our lives but, like so many other things they tried to instill in us, what did they know!
*A huge whale was on display on a railway flat-car parked on the tracks, adjacent to the library on Victoria Avenue just west of Kent Street, back in the mid 1930's and as a publicity stunt a young Lindsay couple had their marriage performed in the whale's mouth just to be "different."
*Merv Breault was projectionist at the Kent Theater until its' closure when he moved up to the new "Century Theater" on Kent Street.
*Back in the early days, Lindsay's sidewalks were cleared of snow by horse-drawn ploughs. No pollution was created by the horses and the workers were often invited into homes for a hot cup of tea or coffee to help warm them up before they headed back on their way.
*When telegraph messages were delivered by lads on foot or bicycles. Messrs. Baker and Waite worked as telegraphers for the CNR while a Mr. Sharpe worked out of the CPR office on Kent Street.
*Jack Reynolds was proprietor of a gasoline station on the south-east side of Queen and St. David streets. A young fellow by the name of Jack Bell was his right hand man. Reynolds lived directly across from the station where he could keep a close eye on it.
*Fulton C. Stewart, a portraitist located on Kent Street, offered a free 5x7 enlargement with each roll of film developed.
*A fellow once said that in this country it is estimated that several million people take in daily newspapers. What he didn't state though, was how many people are taken in by daily newspapers.
*Vern Wilson was proprietor of Victoria Motor Sales located at 87 Lindsay St. S. dealing in Pontiac, Buick and G.M.C. Trucks as well as used cars.
*Men's detachable shirt collars were taken to one of the three Chinese Laundries in town where they were starched until they were as stiff as a board and returned to the owner as white as snow. Many necks were made raw from rubbing against the stiff collars.
*"Bill" Murphy raised Holstein cattle on his farm situated on the Verulam Road?
There was a time, back in 1944, when your scribe interviewed an Ambassador of Mexico who visited Lindsay, along with his large entourage, for the purpose of purchasing several bulls from Murphy for shipment to Mexico City.