- Media Type
- Item Type
- Photograph of Dr. George Wesley Hall with his wife and son in their 1909 Locomobile. No identification was provided for fourth person. A digital copy of this photo was provided by Marylou Hall as part of her presentation on her family.
- With his mechanical interests, Dr. George Wesley Hall was interested in the automobile.
More pictures and information regarding Dr. George Wesley Hall’s interest in automobiles can be found in other vehicle photos.
The Locomobile was described as the 'Mona Lisa' of American historical automobiles. It had a reputation as one of the finest, most carefully built cars ever produced in the US. It was also expensive. A 1908 Locomobile cost $4500.
“When our automobile met horse drawn vehicles it was not unusual for my dad to stop, get out and lead the startled horses by.“ George C.R. Hall's words.
- Date of Publication
- Personal Name(s)
- Hall, George Wesley Dr. ; Hall (nee: Davidson), Mary Jane ; Hall, George C. R. Dr.
- Geographic Coverage
Latitude: 44.28342 Longitude: -78.86628
- Marylou Hall
- Copyright Statement
- Copyright status unknown. Responsibility for determining the copyright status and any use rests exclusively with the user.
- Recommended Citation
Locomobile 1909 [Photograph]. (1909). Kawartha Lakes: Kawartha Lakes Public Library. Vita Collections. Available from https://data.vitatoolkit.ca/Vita402/update1b.asp?id=3224126&number=
- Kawartha Lakes Public LibraryEmail
Agency street/mail address190 Kent St W.
Lindsay, ON K9V 2Y6