Hall Family 1940s
- Media Type
- Item Type
- A photograph of the Hall family taken in the 1940s. A digital copy of this photo was provided by Marylou Hall as part of a presentation on her family.
- The following note accompanies the photo in the presentation:
During WWII, Dr. George C.R. Hall and 20 members of the Little Britain community, sponsored the Corbishley family. Mrs. Corbishley and her children were sent to Canada from England to escape the war. Although Mr. Corbishley remained in England, his correspondence with the Little Britain community revealed the kindness this community provided, specifically, a rent free house, gifts of furniture, food, toys, and free medical/dental care.
- Personal Name(s)
- Hall, George C.R. Dr. ; Knight, Doris Marie ; Hall, Terence ; Hall, Warner ; Hall, Patricia
- Geographic Coverage
Latitude: 44.28342 Longitude: -78.86628
- Marylou Hall
- Copyright Statement
- Copyright status unknown. Responsibility for determining the copyright status and any use rests exclusively with the user.
- Recommended Citation
Hall Family 1940's [Photograph]. (1940s). Kawartha Lakes: Kawartha Lakes Public Library. Vita Collections. Available from https://data.vitatoolkit.ca/Vita402/update1b.asp?id=3229706&number=
- Kawartha Lakes Public LibraryEmail
Agency street/mail address190 Kent St W.
Lindsay, ON K9V 2Y6