Adams, Ernest Allen
- Watchman Warder, 23 May 1944
- Full Text
"Rusty" Adams D.F.C. Completes Enemy Flights
Omemee, May 23 (Staff) - Flight Lieutenant Ernest Allen (Rusty) Adams, DFC son of Mrs R J Adams and the late Mr. Adams of Omemee completed two continuous operational tours over enemy territory in Lancaster Bombers in February 1944, and is now serving as Postings Officer in Southern England. Fl.Lt. Adams was awarded the Distinguished Flying Cross in November 1943 and also has earned the Permanent Pathfinder Badge.
He enlisted in the Royal Canadian Air Force in January 1941 and trained in Toronto, Montreal and Mountain View. In December 1941 he graduated at Mountain View as a Wireless Air Gunner and being one of the "top four" in his class he received his Commission of Pilot Offcer [sic]. Further promotions to Flying Officer and then to Light Lieutenant were given to him overseas.
On April 15, 1944 Fl.Lt. Adams was married to Daphne Irene Taylor of Cambridge, England. The ceremony was performed in one of the Anglican churches in Cambridge.
Another son of Mrs. Adams, Sgt. Lewis Adams is serving in the Provost Corps of the RCAF and is stationed in Toronto. Two sons-in-law are serving with the Canadian Army, Sgt. Lewin Brown RCASC who is Pay Sergeant at Artillery Park Kingston and Sgt. William Wedlock who is serving with the RCOC in Italy.
- Media Type
- Genealogical Resource
- Item Types
- This card is part of a larger collection of World War II personnel clippings. The project began in 1944 at the Lindsay Library. The intent was to gather together as much information as possible on the military record and the service of people from the Town of Lindsay and the County of Victoria (now Kawartha Lakes)who served in the war. To that end, during the years 1944, 1945, and 1946, members of the public donated photographs and updated information about their loved ones. Both library staff and the public saved and donated newspaper clippings. Some of the files contain great amounts of detail, while others have just a name.
- Date of Publication
- 23 May 1944
- Date Of Event
- Spring 1943
- Personal Name(s)
- Adams, Ernest allen ; Adams, R. J. ; Taylor, Daphne Irene ; Adams, Lewis ; Brown, Lewin ; Wedlock, William.
- Language of Item
- Geographic Coverage
England, United Kingdom
Latitude: 52.2 Longitude: 0.11667
Latitude: 44.22976 Longitude: -76.48098
Latitude: 45.50884 Longitude: -73.58781
Latitude: 46.06682 Longitude: -77.46618
Latitude: 44.30012 Longitude: -78.54955
Latitude: 43.65011 Longitude: -79.3829
- Location of Original
- Kawartha Lakes Public Library - Archives
- Kawartha Lakes Public LibraryEmail
Agency street/mail address190 Kent St W.
Lindsay, ON K9V 2Y6