Page 35: Akister, George
- Media Type
- Genealogical Resource
- Item Type
Pte. George Akister
1st Can. Base Ord. W.S. C.A.O.
Pte. George Akister enlisted in the Royal Canadian Ordnance Corps in January, 1942. He trained in Ottawa and Kingston and spent the winter of 1942-43 in Camp Shilo, Manitoba in the machine shop. He was posted overseas in June, 1943 and has been working at his trade of machinist since.
- This card is part of a larger collection of World War II personnel clippings. The project began in 1944 at the Lindsay Library. The intent was to gather together as much information as possible on the military record and the service of people from the Town of Lindsay and the County of Victoria (now Kawartha Lakes)who served in the war. To that end, during the years 1944, 1945, and 1946, members of the public donated photographs and updated information about their loved ones. Both library staff and the public saved and donated newspaper clippings. Some of the files contain great amounts of detail, while others have just a name.
- Date of Original
- Summer 1943
- Date Of Event
- Winter 1942
- Last Name(s)
- Language of Item
- Geographic Coverage
Latitude: 49.80563 Longitude: -99.63643
Latitude: 44.58342 Longitude: -78.83288
Latitude: 44.22976 Longitude: -76.48098
Latitude: 45.42094 Longitude: -75.69029
- Copyright Statement
- Copyright status unknown. Responsibility for determining the copyright status and any use rests exclusively with the user.
- Copyright Holder
- Kawartha Lakes Public Library
- Location of Original
- Kawartha Lakes Public Library - Archives
- Kawartha Lakes Public LibraryEmail
Agency street/mail address190 Kent St W.
Lindsay, ON K9V 2Y6