- Full Text
Sergt. and Mrs. Jack Aldred of Toronto, both former Lindsay citizens, are the guests of Mr. and Mrs. C. Silver, Kent St. W. Jack returned from overseas last Saturday, where he had five years service and his many Lindsay friends are glad to welcome him home.
- Media Type
- Genealogical Resource
- Item Type
- Jack Aldred formerly of Lindsay and now employed in Toronto enlisted in the Can. Army on January 16, 1940. He entered the Royal Canadian Artillery with the rank of Gunner. He received his training in Toronto, Kingston and Halifax. He was promoted in turn to L/bdr-Brd. and L/Sgt. Jack Aldred was sent overseas on June 8, 1840. He served in Italy, Holland and Germany. During his service he trained at L.M.G. as an Artillery Specialist. Sgt. Aldred arrived home on May 23, 1945 and received his discharge on July 6, 1945.
- This card is part of a larger collection of World War II personnel clippings. The project began in 1944 at the Lindsay Library. The intent was to gather together as much information as possible on the military record and the service of people from the Town of Lindsay and the County of Victoria (now Kawartha Lakes)who served in the war. To that end, during the years 1944, 1945, and 1946, members of the public donated photographs and updated information about their loved ones. Both library staff and the public saved and donated newspaper clippings. Some of the files contain great amounts of detail, while others have just a name.
- Date of Publication
- Jun 1945
- Date Of Event
- Summer 1945
- Personal Name(s)
- Aldred, Jack ; Silver, C.
- Language of Item
- Geographic Coverage
Nova Scotia, Canada
Latitude: 44.65015 Longitude: -63.582
Latitude: 44.23342 Longitude: -76.4994
Latitude: 44.35012 Longitude: -78.73286
Latitude: 43.65011 Longitude: -79.3829
- Copyright Statement
- Copyright status unknown. Responsibility for determining the copyright status and any use rests exclusively with the user.
- Copyright Holder
- Kawartha Lakes Public Library
- Location of Original
- Kawartha Lakes Public Library - Archives
- Kawartha Lakes Public LibraryEmail
Agency street/mail address190 Kent St W.
Lindsay, ON K9V 2Y6