Page 47: Algar, Robert Mackenzie
- Full Text
Lindsay Boys Returning Home From Overseas
Each day sees a number of Lindsay boys returning from long service in the armed forces, much of which has been spent overseas and not a little actively engaged in enemy territory.
Pilot Officer R.M. (Mack) Algar a former student at the LCI was met by his family in Toronto Monday evening after an absence of twenty months overseas. Mack has completed thirty-eight operational tours over enemy targets and is home on thirty days leave.
- Media Type
- Genealogical Resource
- Item Type
- This card is part of a larger collection of World War II personnel clippings. The project began in 1944 at the Lindsay Library. The intent was to gather together as much information as possible on the military record and the service of people from the Town of Lindsay and the County of Victoria (now Kawartha Lakes)who served in the war. To that end, during the years 1944, 1945, and 1946, members of the public donated photographs and updated information about their loved ones. Both library staff and the public saved and donated newspaper clippings. Some of the files contain great amounts of detail, while others have just a name.
- Date of Publication
- 20 Jun 1945
- Date Of Event
- Summer 1945
- Personal Name(s)
- Algar, Robert Mackenzie.
- Language of Item
- Geographic Coverage
Latitude: 44.11792 Longitude: -77.53978
Latitude: 49.8889 Longitude: -97.23535
Latitude: 44.35012 Longitude: -78.73286
Latitude: 43.65011 Longitude: -79.3829
- Copyright Statement
- Copyright status unknown. Responsibility for determining the copyright status and any use rests exclusively with the user.
- Copyright Holder
- Kawartha Lakes Public Library
- Location of Original
- Kawartha Lakes Public Library - Archives
- Kawartha Lakes Public LibraryEmail
Agency street/mail address190 Kent St W.
Lindsay, ON K9V 2Y6