Page 63: Allen, Osborne
- Full Text
April 6, 1943Trooper Osborn Allen has returned to Cornwall after spending the weekend at his home on Elgin St., town. September 14, 1943Mrs. Alfred Allen Elgin St. received a cable from son Tpr. Osborne Allen that he arrived safely overseas and is well.
No dateDear Ladies:--
I received your kind present of cigarettes today and sure can't express my thankfulness for them. Most of the cigarettes we get here are English which are not the same as our own. I'm now in Holland. We came back from Germany nearly two weeks ago. We could not fraternize there so not talking or trying to talk to them, the time seemed real long. Here the children, the ladies and men all try and have a chat with us. We expect to be going to England soon and do hope to be going to Canada soon too. But now the war is over it's a lot different. I had a grand leave to England and celebrated V-Day there.
Well, I must close, thanking you for your welcome gift. Hoping it won't be too long before seeing you all.
Your best pal,
January 16, 1946
Mrs. M. Allen, 82 Elgin St., has received word that her son, Tpr. O. G. A. Allen has arrived in New York and expects to be home some time Wednesday.
- Media Type
- Genealogical Resource
- Item Types
- This card is part of a larger collection of World War II personnel clippings. The project began in 1944 at the Lindsay Library. The intent was to gather together as much information as possible on the military record and the service of people from the Town of Lindsay and the County of Victoria (now Kawartha Lakes)who served in the war. To that end, during the years 1944, 1945, and 1946, members of the public donated photographs and updated information about their loved ones. Both library staff and the public saved and donated newspaper clippings. Some of the files contain great amounts of detail, while others have just a name.
- Date of Original
- Winter 1943
- Personal Name(s)
- Allen, Osborne.
- Language of Item
- Geographic Coverage
Latitude: 45.01809 Longitude: -74.72815
Latitude: 44.35012 Longitude: -78.73286
- Copyright Statement
- Copyright status unknown. Responsibility for determining the copyright status and any use rests exclusively with the user.
- Copyright Holder
- Kawartha Lakes Public Library
- Location of Original
- Kawartha Lakes Public Library - Archives
- Kawartha Lakes Public LibraryEmail
Agency street/mail address190 Kent St W.
Lindsay, ON K9V 2Y6