Page 85: Anderson, Lloyd
- Full Text
August 16, 1944A.C.2 Lloyd Anderson of Brandon Man. is spending his furlough at the home of his father and mother, Mr. and Mrs. C. D. Anderson of Oakwood.
July 28, 1945L.A.C. Lloyd Anderson, of the Air Force Band at Rivers, Manitoba, is spending his furlough with his father and mother, Mr. and Mrs. C. D. Anderson of Oakwood.
October 9, 1945
Two Oakwood Boys Playing In Same Band
Oakwood, Oct. 9, (PNS)--An interesting story of the experiences of two Oakwood boys, both members of RCAF bands has just been reported.
L.A.C. Don Lake, who had been stationed in Quebec, was transferred to Vancouver and while at Calgary on his way west he met L.A.C. Lloyd Anderson, who had been playing in an RCAF band at Brandon and Rivers Man., and was also on his way back to Vancouver.
Both boys are saxophone players and by a strange coincidence they were both posted to the same bands in Vancouver.
It is also interesting to note that while L.A.C. Anderson was on his way west he had a chance meeting in Winnipeg with his brother John of Oakwood, neither one had any inkling of the other's whereabouts.
- Media Type
- Genealogical Resource
- Item Type
- This card is part of a larger collection of World War II personnel clippings. The project began in 1944 at the Lindsay Library. The intent was to gather together as much information as possible on the military record and the service of people from the Town of Lindsay and the County of Victoria (now Kawartha Lakes)who served in the war. To that end, during the years 1944, 1945, and 1946, members of the public donated photographs and updated information about their loved ones. Both library staff and the public saved and donated newspaper clippings. Some of the files contain great amounts of detail, while others have just a name.
- Date of Original
- Fall 1945
- Date Of Event
- Winter 1942
- Personal Name(s)
- Anderson, Lloyd ; Anderson, C. D. ; Anderson, John ; Lake, Don.
- Language of Item
- Geographic Coverage
Latitude: 49.84692 Longitude: -99.95306
Latitude: 44.33342 Longitude: -78.88288
Latitude: 50.03081 Longitude: -100.24029
Latitude: 45.4501 Longitude: -75.68264
Latitude: 43.65011 Longitude: -79.3829
British Columbia, Canada
Latitude: 49.24966 Longitude: -123.11934
- Copyright Statement
- Copyright status unknown. Responsibility for determining the copyright status and any use rests exclusively with the user.
- Copyright Holder
- Kawartha Lakes Public Library
- Location of Original
- Kawartha Lakes Public Library - Archives
- Kawartha Lakes Public LibraryEmail
Agency street/mail address190 Kent St W.
Lindsay, ON K9V 2Y6