Page 95: Annable, Cecil
- Full Text
April 2, 1945Cecil Annabell (sic), R.C.A.F., visited at his home on St. Paul St. February 25, 1943A.C.2 Cecil Annable R.C.A.F. formerly of Manning Depot Toronto has been transferred to Manning Depot Quebec City.
PO. Annable Is Expected Here Shortly
The many friends of Pilot Officer Cecil Annable, D.F.M., will be pleased to learn that he has arrived safely in Canada from overseas and is expected to arrive in Lindsay within the next few days.
Pilot Officer Annable was awarded the Distinguished Flying Medal prior to his having been appointed to a commission. The citation on which this award was made read as follows:
"As mid-upper gunner, this airman has participated in a large number of sorties including attacks on such targets as Dortmund, Brunswick, Bolmen and Kiel. He has at all times displayed the greatest determination and devotion to duty. On many occasions his aircraft has been attacked by enemy fighters. his timely combat manoeuvres (sic) and good shooting on these occasions have played a good part in the safe return of the aircraft."
P.O. Annable was employed at the Lindsay Arsenal before he joined the Air Force, and has been overseas since October, 1943. His wife is the former Thelma Kennedy, daughter of Mr. and Mrs. P. C. Kennedy, of St. Paul St.
- Media Type
- Genealogical Resource
- Item Type
- This card is part of a larger collection of World War II personnel clippings. The project began in 1944 at the Lindsay Library. The intent was to gather together as much information as possible on the military record and the service of people from the Town of Lindsay and the County of Victoria (now Kawartha Lakes)who served in the war. To that end, during the years 1944, 1945, and 1946, members of the public donated photographs and updated information about their loved ones. Both library staff and the public saved and donated newspaper clippings. Some of the files contain great amounts of detail, while others have just a name.
- Date of Original
- Spring 1945
- Date Of Event
- Personal Name(s)
- Annable, Cecil ; Kennedy, Thelma ; Kennedy, P. C.
- Language of Item
- Geographic Coverage
Latitude: 44.35012 Longitude: -78.73286
Latitude: 46.81228 Longitude: -71.21454
Latitude: 43.65011 Longitude: -79.3829
- Copyright Statement
- Copyright status unknown. Responsibility for determining the copyright status and any use rests exclusively with the user.
- Copyright Holder
- Kawartha Lakes Public Library
- Location of Original
- Kawartha Lakes Public Library - Archives
- Kawartha Lakes Public LibraryEmail
Agency street/mail address190 Kent St W.
Lindsay, ON K9V 2Y6