Page 101: Archer, C. A.
- Full Text
January 11, 1946
LINDSAY FAMILY SPEAKS WITH SOLDIER-SON ACROSS THE SEA
Mr. and Mrs. A. Archer, 122 Adelaide St. S., Lindsay, and immediate members of the family had the pleasure Thursday of speaking via long distance telephone with their soldier-son in England.
The call, which was placed through the Lindsay exchange December 14, 1945, finally caught up with their son, Gnr. C. A. Archer at Transit Camp, Canuck Barracks, Dover, Kent, England, yesterday. Mrs. Archer told the Post that he recognized their voices immediately he heard them and that by the same token his voice sounded quite natural.
Mrs. Archer said the telephone company were very decent about the whole thing and that, while the rate for the three-minute call was $12.75 inclusive of tax, they actually talked for almost five minutes for the same price because connections were not quite clear at first. She added that the company kept working until connections became perfectly clear.
- Media Type
- Genealogical Resource
- Item Type
- This card is part of a larger collection of World War II personnel clippings. The project began in 1944 at the Lindsay Library. The intent was to gather together as much information as possible on the military record and the service of people from the Town of Lindsay and the County of Victoria (now Kawartha Lakes)who served in the war. To that end, during the years 1944, 1945, and 1946, members of the public donated photographs and updated information about their loved ones. Both library staff and the public saved and donated newspaper clippings. Some of the files contain great amounts of detail, while others have just a name.
- Date of Publication
- 11 Jan 1946
- Personal Name(s)
- Archer, C. A. ; Archer, A.
- Language of Item
- Geographic Coverage
England, United Kingdom
Latitude: 51.13333 Longitude: 1.3
Latitude: 44.35012 Longitude: -78.73286
- Copyright Statement
- Copyright status unknown. Responsibility for determining the copyright status and any use rests exclusively with the user.
- Copyright Holder
- Kawartha Lakes Public Library
- Location of Original
- Kawartha Lakes Public Library - Archives
- Kawartha Lakes Public LibraryEmail
Agency street/mail address190 Kent St W.
Lindsay, ON K9V 2Y6