Page 107: Armitage, Helen Jean
- Full Text
April 28, 1943  Miss Helen Armitage of Cavan, has joined the R.C.A.F. (Women's Division) and has completed her month's basic training at Rockcliffe Ottawa, and is now stationed at Toronto.
October 21, 1943
AW. Helyn (sic) Armitage of Cavan who is stationed at Centralia has been spending her furlough with her parents Mr and Mrs William Armitage.
- Media Type
- Genealogical Resource
- Item Type
- L.A.W. Helen Jean Armitage enlisted in the Women's Division of the Royal Canadian Air Force in Toronto on March 5, 1943. On March 19 she was posted to No. 7 Manning Depot, Rockcliffe for basic training. On April 15, 1943 she was posted to No. 2 Composite Training School, Toronto for trade training, and on May 27, 1943, to No. 9 Service Flying Training School, Centralia, Ontario.
- This card is part of a larger collection of World War II personnel clippings. The project began in 1944 at the Lindsay Library. The intent was to gather together as much information as possible on the military record and the service of people from the Town of Lindsay and the County of Victoria (now Kawartha Lakes)who served in the war. To that end, during the years 1944, 1945, and 1946, members of the public donated photographs and updated information about their loved ones. Both library staff and the public saved and donated newspaper clippings. Some of the files contain great amounts of detail, while others have just a name.
- Date of Original
- Spring 1943
- Date Of Event
- Spring 1943
- Personal Name(s)
- Armitage, Helen Jean ; Armitage, William.
- Language of Item
- Geographic Coverage
Latitude: 44.18342 Longitude: -78.46624
Latitude: 43.28339 Longitude: -81.46646
Latitude: 43.65011 Longitude: -79.3829
- Location of Original
- Kawartha Lakes Public Library - Archives
- Kawartha Lakes Public LibraryEmail
Agency street/mail address190 Kent St W.
Lindsay, ON K9V 2Y6