Tape # 1: George Avery and Walter Chidley, Mariposa township
- Side A
- Media Type
- Genealogical Resource
- Item Type
- Doug Tangney interviews George Avery and Walter Chidley about life in Little Britain and Mariposa township.
Subjects include where they were born and raised, farming the land, education, hockey and skating, development of Little Britain, the railway, Lindsay fair, the first car, fire in Little Britain, “The Farmer’s Sun” newspaper, and how they feel farming has changed from the past to the present (when the tape was made). Walter Chidley is heard to say about farming “You want a strong back and a weak mind…”.
Side A: 31 minutes
Side B: 7 minutes
- Date of Original
- Date Of Event
- Personal Name(s)
- George Avery, Walter Chidley, Doug Tangney
- From the Heartland Nineteenth Century Buildings of Victoria County
- Language of Item
- Geographic Coverage
Latitude: 44.28342 Longitude: -78.86628
Latitude: 44.30012 Longitude: -78.86628
- Copyright Statement
- Copyright status unknown. Responsibility for determining the copyright status and any use rests exclusively with the user.
- Location of Original
- Victoria County Oral History Project on cassette tape.
Tape # 1
- Kawartha Lakes Public LibraryEmail
Agency street/mail address190 Kent St W.
Lindsay, ON K9V 2Y6