Bridges along the Scugog
- Media Type
- Item Type
- 1) Lake cruiser in front of the Lindsay St. Bridge. Grain elevator to the left & Dundas Flavelle Mill to the right.
2) Wellington St. Bascule Bridge, built around 1912 – bridge has a moveable span which is lifted by weights.
3) Bascule bridge on Wellington St. (donated by P. Cook).
4) Draw bridge, Lindsay Ont. (Bascule Bridge on Wellington St.)
5) Lindsay Street Bridge looking from the locks through to McDonnell Park.
6) Rainbow walking bridge crossing the Scugog River joining the bottom of Russell St. East to Logie St.
7) Very early picture of the Iron bridge with its stone piers just south of Durham Street. This view also shows an outline of the Kitchener Ridout Mill, together with the old mill pond. Negative is part of our Cramer’s Lightning Gelatine Glass Plates in archives. c2009 - Bridge became part of the TransCanada walking trail.
8) Photo of a bridge over the Scugog River in 1917 when girders were being renewed.
9) Photo of removal of CPR Railroad Bridge (erected in 1911) from over the Scugog River, about a mile north
of the town limits, in July 1938.
- Language of Item
- Copyright Statement
- Copyright status unknown. Responsibility for determining the copyright status and any use rests exclusively with the user.
- Kawartha Lakes Public LibraryEmail
Agency street/mail address190 Kent St W.
Lindsay, ON K9V 2Y6