Kirkfield Lift Locks
- The Roy Studio, Photographer
- Media Type
- Item Type
- 1) Photo of the Hydraulic Lift Lock, Kirkfield Ont.
2) Photo of the Hydraulic Lift Lock, Kirkfield Ont. Showing the Stoney Lake loaded with many passengers.
3) Crowds gather to watch the Stoney Lake descend through the Kirkfield Locks. Judging by the crowd possibly opening day.
- Back of photos includes measurements and costs of the lock.
"Hydraulic Lift Lock - Kirkfield, Ont.
Height of Lift - 48ft, 6 in.
Dimensions of Presses:
External diameter of Cylinder - 8ft, 0 in.
External diameter of Ram - 7ft, 6 in.
Working Stroke - 48ft, 6 in.
Depth of water in Chambers - 8 ft, 0 in.
Height of Guide Towers (Steel) - 94ft, 0 in.
Dimensions of Chambers, Two, each 140 feet long by 33 feet wide.
Depth of Chambers - 9ft, 10 in.
Approximate weight of water in each Chamber - 1385 Tonnes.
Cost of Structure exclusive of Concrete Wing and Breast Walls - $298,000.00"
- Place of Publication
- Peterboro, Ont.
- Language of Item
- Copyright Statement
- Copyright status unknown. Responsibility for determining the copyright status and any use rests exclusively with the user.
- Kawartha Lakes Public LibraryEmail
Agency street/mail address190 Kent St W.
Lindsay, ON K9V 2Y6