page 21 - Setting steel rim on wooden buggy wheel
- Media Type
- Item Type
- Hilliard Gollaher & Lawrence Kennedy setting steel rim on wooden buggy wheel 1983.
On reverse of photos:
Setting buggy tire. H. Gollaher & L. Kennedy 1983.
1st Step. Heat steel evenly.
Step 2. Placing hot steel which has now expanded over wooden spokes.
Step 3. Placing steel very carefully around spokes then -- pour water over steel to shrink onto wooden spokes.
Step 4. Spokes are very carefully put into place.
Step 5. Hilliard & Lawrence setting buggy wheel 1983 Mar. Cooling steel with water - steel contracts around wooden spokes.
- p. 21
- Date of Publication
- Mar 1983
- Personal Name(s)
- Hilliard Gollaher ; Hilliard Golloher ; Lawrence Kennedy
- Thurston Family
- Geographic Coverage
Latitude: 44.45012 Longitude: -78.64956
- Copyright Statement
- Copyright status unknown. Responsibility for determining the copyright status and any use rests exclusively with the user.
- Location of Original
- Original remains with Thurston family.
- Kawartha Lakes Public LibraryEmail
Agency street/mail address190 Kent St W.
Lindsay, ON K9V 2Y6