page 52 - Dunsford General Store
- Media Type
- Item Type
- Page is from 2008 calendar by Hamilton Township Mutual Insurance Company.
- Originally Sherrif's Corners, then Willock's Settlement this hamlet was renamed Dunsford in honour of the Dunsford family who had a mill in the town. Dunsford grew as a railway stop on the Bobcaygeon Lindsay Pontypool Railway that was completed in 1904. The Woollard General Store was built in 1904 and operated by the Woollards until 1930. This store functioned as a full general store until 1987 and since has been a convenience store and the post office. This substantial red brick store reflects the Edwardian style of construction and design, looking distinctively different than the Victorian frame stores seen in many of Ontario's villages and hamlets.
- p. 52
- Date of Publication
- Corporate Name(s)
- Thurston's General Store
- Thurston Family
- Geographic Coverage
Latitude: 44.45012 Longitude: -78.64956
- Copyright Statement
- Copyright status unknown. Responsibility for determining the copyright status and any use rests exclusively with the user.
- Location of Original
- Original remains with Thurston family.
- Kawartha Lakes Public LibraryEmail
Agency street/mail address190 Kent St W.
Lindsay, ON K9V 2Y6