- Fenelon Falls Gazette, 11 Sep 1880, p. 2, column 3
- Full Text
Cambray, Aug. 30th, 1880.
The Council met pursuant to adjournment. Members all present, the Reeve in the chair. Minutes of last meeting read and approved.
Moved by Mr. Downer, seconded by Mr. Isaac, That a by-law to provide for the levying of the usual annual rates be received and read a first time.--Carried. By-law received and passed in the usual manner. Mr. Downer in the chair.
Moved by Mr. Moynes, seconded by Mr. Isaac, That John E. Fittal by appointed Collector for the year 1880 at a salary of $65, and that a by-law by introduced confirming the same.--Carried. By-law received and passed in the usual manner. Mr. Jordan in the chair.
Moved by Mr. Jordan, seconded by Mr. Downer, That the following bills be paid : W. H. Robinson & Co., printing Voters' Lists, $21 60; Henry Myers, repairs to scraper paid J. Bell, 70 cents; also that S. Nicholl and Rachael McGuinnes recfeive $4 each as charity; also that Mrs. McNeevin receive $4 to assist in the maintenance of an orphan child.--Carried.
Moved by Mr. Downer, seconded by Mr. Moynes, That Messrs. Hudspeth, Jackson & Barron's bill be laid over for future consideration ; and that the clerk be instructed to ask the said firm for information regarding the same.--Carried.
Moved by Mr. Jordan, seconded by Mr. Moynes, That $40 by expended on the new road between lots 3 and 4 in the 10th con., and to repair the line between cons. 10 and 11 opposite lot 4; said amount tobe payable on the 1st of December, and that Joseph Irwin be a commissioner to expend the same.--Carried.
The Council then adjourned, to meet at Cameron, on the 6th of December.
- Media Type
- Genealogical Resource
- Item Type
- Minutes of Aug. 30th 1880 council meeting
- Date of Publication
- 11 Sep 1880
- Personal Name(s)
- Downer, Mr. ; Isaac, Mr. ; Moynes, Mr. ; Fittal, John E. ; Jordan, Mr. ; Myers, Henry ; Bell, J. ; Nicholl, S. ; McGuiness, Rachael ; McNeevin, Mrs. ; Hudspeth, Mr. ; Jackson, Mr. ; Barron, Mr. ; Irwin, Joseph
- Language of Item
- Copyright Statement
- Copyright status unknown. Responsibility for determining the copyright status and any use rests exclusively with the user.
- Kawartha Lakes Public LibraryEmail
Agency street/mail address190 Kent St W.
Lindsay, ON K9V 2Y6