- Fenelon Falls Gazette, 21 Aug 1914, p. 4, column 5
- Full Text
During the electrical storm of Monday last a horse belonging to Mr. Wm. H. Junkin of Bethel was killed while standing in the stable. Some hay and sheaf oats left in the loft took fire, which was extinguished after some trouble. The loss will be nearly covered by insurance. Mr. George Martin also had a cow killed on his farm in Fenelon, and the lightning struck Mr. Isaac Hetherinton's barn near the village, leaving a mark on one of the rafters, but doing no further damage. Mr. A. Tiers' sawmill was also visited, the current striking one of the saws. Heavy rain fell while the storm was in progress, and with another substantial shower at night, will more than offset in benefit the damage done by the lightning.
- Media Type
- Genealogical Resource
- Item Type
- Account of an electrical storm
- Date of Publication
- 21 Aug 1914
- Personal Name(s)
- Junkin, William H. ; Martin, George ; Hetherington, Isaac ; Tiers, A.
- Language of Item
- Copyright Statement
- Copyright status unknown. Responsibility for determining the copyright status and any use rests exclusively with the user.
- Kawartha Lakes Public LibraryEmail
Agency street/mail address190 Kent St W.
Lindsay, ON K9V 2Y6