- Fenelon Falls Gazette, 4 Sep 1914, p. 4, column 5
- Full Text
School re-opened Wednesday morning, after a vacation of two months and one day. Previous to the closing of the school for the holidays the trustees re-engaged Miss Francis for another year, with an increase of fifteen dollars, making a total of $600 of a salary.
Mr. R. Morning, son of Mr. D. Morton, has retcived a call to service in the war.
Some of the farmers around here have sold horses to go to the front.
Those who ordered mail boxes expected to be supplied with the smallest size box at $3, and the post-office department informs them that the small mail boxes are not being made now. Those intending to get boxes are hesitating as they do not fell like paying $4.50 for a large box.
- Media Type
- Genealogical Resource
- Item Type
- Gazette correspondence about the comings and goings at Powles' Corner
- Date of Publication
- 4 Sep 1914
- Personal Name(s)
- Francis, Miss ; Morton, R. ; Morton, D.
- Language of Item
- Copyright Statement
- Copyright status unknown. Responsibility for determining the copyright status and any use rests exclusively with the user.
- Kawartha Lakes Public LibraryEmail
Agency street/mail address190 Kent St W.
Lindsay, ON K9V 2Y6