- Fenelon Falls Gazette, 31 Aug 1894, p. 4, column 5
- Full Text
Mr. R. M. Butler of Barrie was at the Falls for a few hours on Wednesday last.
Mr. Herbert Savage of Saginaw, Michigan, was at the Falls from Friday of last week until Wednesday.
Mrs. Cogan and Miss Mary Cogan, of Lindsay, have been at the Falls since Monday last, visiting at Mr. Hand's.
Miss Agnes Dickson and Miss Kate Austin left on Monday to attend the Collegiate Institute at Lindsay, which re-opened on that day.
Mr. C. W. Maguire, of Orangeville, who is travelling for the Dodds Medicine Co., came to the Falls on Wednesday on his bicycle, and remained here a day in order to spend it with his cousin, Dr. Mason, who he had not seen for five years.
Miss Minnie Clark is home again, having served the full term of two years in the Toronto General Hospital. She is now a professional nurse, and in November will receive her diploma and gold medal, which are issued annually in that month, unless, from some special reason, a person entitled to them wishes to obtain them earlier.
Mr. John A. Barrow and Mr. D. K. Anderson of Lindsay were at the Falls last Monday as counsel at Magistrate Deacon's court in the suit for wages between Mr. Wm. McKinnon and Howry & Sons, which resulted in a "draw," both parties being out of pocket, as is frequently the case when magistrates and lawyers are appealed to to settle a difference.
Mr. and Mrs. George A. Powles and family, who have been on a visit to their relatives in the Falls and its vicinity, left for their home in Chicago on Monday and were followed on Wednesday by Mr. and Mrs. C. F. Elerding and their baby. We are sorry to say that Mrs. Elerding (Ruby Ingram) was under medical treatment for an affection of the lungs during nearly the whole period of her visit, and was so weak when she left as to be hardly able to walk a few yards without assistance.
- Media Type
- Genealogical Resource
- Item Type
- Listing of notable comings and goings in the Fenelon Falls community.
- Date of Publication
- 31 Aug 1894
- Personal Name(s)
- Butler, R. M. ; Savage, Herbert ; Cogan, Mrs. ; Cogan, Mary ; Dickson, Agnes ; Austin, Kate ; Maguire, C. W. ; Clark, Minnie ; Barron, John A. ; Anderson, D. K. ; McKinnon, William ; Powles, George A. ; Powles, George A., Mrs. ; Elerding, C. F. ; Elerding (Ingram), Ruby, Mrs.
- Corporate Name(s)
- Collegiate Institute (Lindsay) ; Dodds Medicine Co. ; Toronto General Hospital ; Howry & Sons
- Language of Item
- Copyright Statement
- Copyright status unknown. Responsibility for determining the copyright status and any use rests exclusively with the user.
- Kawartha Lakes Public LibraryEmail
Agency street/mail address190 Kent St W.
Lindsay, ON K9V 2Y6