- Fenelon Falls Gazette, 14 Aug 1914, p. 4, column 5
- Full Text
Every sane person in this community knows that the present war is a very serious one, and many of our young men may soon leave their homes to go to the front, perhaps never to return.
Be of good cheer. The farmers have made good progress harvesting. Some are already done cutting, and if the weather remains favorable for about a week many will finish a light harvest. The quality of the grain is lighter than last year. We are promised seed time and harvest, summer and winter, but light harvests are not mentioned.
The tenders for the Rural Mail Route from Cameron via Powles Corner was opened at Ottawa on July 31st, but we have not heard yet who will face the storms for four years.
Mrs. George Argue of Darlington township has spent a few weeks visiting her sister, Mrs. Jas. Powles.
Mr. Russel Daniels of Toronto is spending part of his holidays with his aunt, Mrs. A. B. Willcox.
Mr. and Mrs. Eli Hill of Mariposa spent a few hours visiting Mr. and Mrs. W. Hill on Sunday, aug. 2nd.
Mr. and Mrs. H. McKeown of Palestine Eldon spent Sunday with Mr. and Mrs. Joseph Hill.
Mr. Herron of Peterboro came up on Saturday, 9th, and returned on the following Monday.
There has been some trouble at Ball Point, but there have been no volunteers called out yet.
- Media Type
- Genealogical Resource
- Item Type
- Correspondence report of the comings and goings at Powles' Corner
- Date of Publication
- 14 Aug 1914
- Personal Name(s)
- Argue, George, Mrs. ; Powles, James, Mrs. ; Daniels, Russell ; Willcox, A.B, Mrs ; Hill, Eli ; Hill, Eli, Mrs. ; Hill, W. ; Hill, W., Mrs. ; McKeown, H. ; McKeown, H., Mrs. ; Hill, Joseph ; Hill, Joseph, Mrs. ; Herron, Mr.
- Language of Item
- Copyright Statement
- Copyright status unknown. Responsibility for determining the copyright status and any use rests exclusively with the user.
- Kawartha Lakes Public LibraryEmail
Agency street/mail address190 Kent St W.
Lindsay, ON K9V 2Y6